Do you suffer from TMJ pain?
TMJD (Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction) is a collective term for a broad range of disorders displaying a variety of signs including:
– Radiating pain in the face, neck, or shoulders
– Limited movement or locking of the jaw
– Painful clicking or grating when opening or closing the mouth
– Significant change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together
– Symptoms can also include headaches, earaches, dizziness, hearing problems, and difficulty swallowing
One of the many ailments we treat on a regular basis at Sea Change Family Chiropractic is TMJD. Chiropractic treatment of TMJD can alleviate symptoms by correcting misalignments in the spine and relieving tension in the jaw. Specific therapeutic exercises and improving posture also help to improve tracking and movement.
The Journal of Oral Rehabilitation recommends examination of the cervical spine in TMJD patients, even without cervical (neck) complaints. These findings are supported by the Journal of Cranio and Clinical Oral Investigation as well. At Sea Change Family Chiropractic, we are trained to examine your neck and jaw to determine the best course of co-managed care with your oral health physician.
With proper care and treatment of spinal disorders, TMJD patients can achieve pain relief and correction. Care in our office enables the body to respond to dental changes so that care received from your oral health physician has greater and lasting results. If you suffer from TMJ pain, please let Dr. Ammitai and his team know so he can help you find lasting relief!